Felixstowe-based Omni Freight Services to sponsor Suffolk FA Premier Cup
- Credit: Archant
Omni Freight Services of Felixstowe is to sponsor the Suffolk FA Premier Cup for the next three years.
The competition will be known as the Suffolk FA Premier Cup sponsored by Omni Freight Services Ltd, starting from the 2015-16 season.
The Felixstowe-based import and export operator is a sister company of Globex Freight Management, which has sponsored the Suffolk FA Youth Referees’ Academy for the past three years.
Although run as two separate companies, Omni and Globex share the same personnel and the same office in Parker Avenue in Felixstowe.
Omni already sponsors Felixstowe & Walton United, who play in the Premier Cup, and sponsorship of the competition was a natural progression, according to director Shaun Rudduck.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “The Premier Cup is the most senior cup competition in Suffolk. It is the equivalent for local football clubs to what the FA Cup is for the professional clubs.
“Our three-year agreement shows a commitment to support Suffolk FA and the local clubs at grassroots level in the community.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 6 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 7 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
“The sponsorship is part of our plan to promote ourselves as a local business supporting football locally.”
Omni replace Ransomes Jacobsen, which has sponsored the competition for the past two seasons and is to continue its support of Suffolk FA through a different project, details of which will be announced in due course.