Felixstowe: Town adopts new logo and slogan to widen its appeal
TOURIST attractions and other businesses are hoping that a bright new corporate identity will help to attract more visitors to a Suffolk coastal town’s special attractions.
Felixstowe is to be marketed under the slogan “Felixstowe – Great days by the Sea” with a logo featuring the sun and a seagull and including the town colours of royal blue and gold.
Mayor Doreen Savage said the project had been inspired by Dragon’s Den investor Duncan Bannaytne who featured the town in his Seaside Rescue TV programme, praising it for what it had to offer but suggesting it could promote itself better. “We now have a modern snappy brand to help promote Felixstowe into the future,” added Mrs Savage.
The project has been put together by Felixstowe Chamber of Commerce, town and district councils and key local businesses, with co-ordination from Felixstowe Futures and support from the Evening Star, sister title to the East Anglian Daily Times.
Chamber chairman Andrew Rowdon said: “Our simple aim is to increase the profile of Felixstowe, its unique and exciting attractions, and draw even more people to our town.
“It is hoped that the logo will be used by both business and tourism industries alike. The logo was chosen as it has a real seaside feel to it and was vibrant and fun – and it is hoped it will appeal to all ages.”
Stephen Bracewell, chairman of Felixstowe Futures, added: “This bodes well for the challenges ahead of seeking to attract more investment to the town and improving the offer for both residents and visitors alike.
- 1 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 2 Ipswich Town installed as early League One title favourites
- 3 GALLERY: 'Stunning' turnout as Hadleigh Show returns after enforced break
- 4 5 new places to eat and drink in Woodbridge this year
- 5 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 6 Excitement builds as Suffolk Show venue wakes up
- 7 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
- 8 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 9 Mike Bacon: Luke Woolfenden.... going nowhere, going everywhere
- 10 'I keep selling out' - Mum-of-two dreams of fudge shop as business thrives
“Rebranding has been an important step in our vision to ensure that Felixstowe is a lively and popular resort once again.”