Felixstowe, Woodbridge and Melton offices of Margary + Miller to become part of Gotelee Solicitors
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk law firm Gotelee Solicitors is to expand after agreeing a merger deal involving three offices of Margary + Miller.
Ipswich-based Gotelee, which also already has offices in Hadleigh and Felixstowe, said yesterday that Margary + Miller’s offices in Woodbridge, Melton and Felixstowe will join the firm from “early spring”.
The Southwold office of Margary + Miller is not included in the merger, however, and will continue to operate under its current identity, with no changes.
Stephen Leach, a director at Margary + Miller, said: “We are delighted to have reached agreement with Gotelee to ensure the continued provision of service to our clients in and around Woodbridge and Felixstowe by merging those offices with Gotelee. The same people will provide the same service as always, simply under the Gotelee banner.”
Alistair Lang, chief executive at Gotelee, said: “Our vision of a Suffolk law firm deeply rooted in the local communities will be hugely enhanced by this move.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very pleased to have the opportunity and look forward to working with Stephen and his colleagues in Woodbridge, Melton and Felixstowe.
“The full range of legal services provided by the Margary + Miller team will be maintained and indeed in some ways strengthened by some new faces,” he added.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
Gotelee, which traces its history back to the 1880s and was previously known as Gotelee & Goldsmith, having adopted is current identity in 2010, has 104 staff including 19 partners across its current offices.
Margary + Miller, whose offices in Woodbridge and Southwold have also been in practice for more than 100 years, currently has 27 staff, including two directors.
Its Felixstowe office has been open for more than 40 years, with its Melton office having been added in 2007, specifically to serve its wills, trusts and probate clients.