Final preparations under way for biggest ever Menta Trade Fair in Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
With just a few days until the Menta Trade Fair on Tuesday, October 4, plans are being finalised for the biggest business event yet seen in Bury St Edmunds.
The Menta Trade Fair, sponsored by Atkins Thomson Solicitors, is to be held at The Apex and will launch the West Suffolk Business Festival.
New for 2016, is Brunch Means Business, a networking event which will launch the trade fair and support the work of East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH). The brunch is free but donations will be accepted before and on the day for the work of the charity.
Brunch Means Business is supported by Suffolk County Council through Invest in Suffolk and Colin Noble, leader of the council, said: “This event will give local companies the opportunity to network, enjoy brunch and hear from keynote speaker Robert Hughes of national firm Hughes Electrical, who are based in Suffolk.”
He added “Our aim at Invest in Suffolk is to encourage businesses to establish themselves in the county, bringing employment and opportunities to the area. A large number of high profile companies and household names have already chosen to invest in Suffolk.
“Figures show that once this choice is made companies tend to put down roots and stay, with many having traded in the county for 10 years or more.
“Invest in Suffolk are pleased to support Menta’s work as they help promote local businesses and encourage and attract others to base themselves in Suffolk. It’s also great they’re helping EACH who play such an important role on a local level.”
- 1 London couple transform Suffolk home into an 'intimate' lifestyle retreat
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Forbidden Suffolk: 5 more places you can’t visit in Suffolk
- 4 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 5 The night Town beat Real Madrid - and why they're still part of elite club
- 6 Driver being taken to hospital after car ends up on roof in field
- 7 Two motorbikes stolen after break-in at Suffolk home
- 8 When will bins be emptied during the Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend?
- 9 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
- 10 'Rare' home of former socialite and artist goes up for sale for £1.5m
Natasha Brame, EACH Suffolk fundraiser, said: “EACH are delighted to have the support of so many local businesses and we look forward to meeting them at the Menta Trade Fair which promises to be a fantastic event.
“We are looking forward to the networking brunch and we will also have a stand at the Menta Trade Fair on The Balcony which we hope business people will visit to find out about the work we do. The money donated will go towards the care and support we provide to children, young people and their families. We’re so grateful for the financial help from our local community which enables us to continue to provide our services to Suffolk families.”
For more details about the Menta Trade Fair, go to www.menta.org.uk or call 01284 760206; for more details on the Invest in Suffolk campaign, visit www.investinsuffolk.com; and for more details about the work of EACH, visit www.each.org.uk.