Pizzeria closes down suddenly at Suffolk pub
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A family-run pizzeria based in the heart of Hadleigh has stopped trading after serving customers for more than three years.
Finezza pizzeria, owned by husband and wife Terry and Vera Fenton, has suddenly closed its doors.
The family has been cooking pizza in a purpose-built outbuilding at the back of the Battleburys at the King's Head pub in High Street for more than three years.
In a statement on the company's Facebook page, owners Terry and Vera said: "Dear Customers, it is with great regret that we have closed Finezza pizzeria.
"This wasn't our choice, it was our landlords decision to shut us down. This has come as a great shock to us.
You may also want to watch:
"We would like to thank all of our customers for their support over the years. Thanks."
Customers have been reacting to the news of the closure on Facebook and sharing their love for the stone baked pizzas, saying the decision is a real "shame".
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 3 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 4 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 5 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 6 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 7 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 8 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 9 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 10 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
Hannah Durrant said she "loved the pizzas, especially in the summer", while Kieran Lawler said he is "gutted" that the pizzeria is closing down.
Terry Fenton, aged 58, said he is sad that the pizzeria has been forced to close down - but he is hopeful that he and his family will be able to move the business elsewhere in the town.
Owner of the Battleburys at the King's Head, Mike Ager, said the closure of the pizzeria was a "commercial decision".