Firm scoops £3.2m contract
AN Ipswich-based building firm has secured a £3.2million contract with one of the 31 colleges at the University of Cambridge.ISG Jackson is set to build new graduate student accommodation for Robinson College on the outskirts of the city.
AN Ipswich-based building firm has secured a £3.2million contract with one of the 31 colleges at the University of Cambridge.
ISG Jackson is set to build new graduate student accommodation for Robinson College on the outskirts of the city.
The two and three-storey buildings will house 48 individual study bedrooms with en suite facilities and communal kitchen and dining accommodation across each of the floors. A number of rooms have special adaptations to make them suitable for disabled graduates, and each building has a lift.
Both buildings have brick and render finishes to their facades, with timber frame windows and mainly tiled roofs. An environmentally-friendly bike shed will have a green sedum roof and there will be a rainwater storage tank to provide irrigation for the new garden area.
You may also want to watch:
The project is scheduled for completion by July 2008.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 5 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 8 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 9 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
- 10 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say