First British Airways flights from Stansted all fully booked
- Credit: Archant
The first British Airways flights from Stansted Airport will get off to a flying start this weekend with all the summer sun destinations fully booked.
Bank holiday travellers had a choice of four popular holiday spots – Faro in Portugal and Malaga, Palma and Ibiza in Spain – from Saturday, with flights to Berlin launching in June.
The flights to Malaga are already proving so popular that frequency has been doubled to two flights every Saturday during August.
It is the first time BA has operated from Stansted, now the fourth London airport on its network, and the summer-only services will run until the end of October. The flights are being operated by the wholly-owned BA subsidiary BA CityFlyer.
Luke Hayhoe, British Airways’ general manager, commercial and customer, at BA CityFlyer, said: “This is a great start to our Stansted operation with customers quick to book our inclusive competitive fares with an excellent schedule and the choice of some of the most popular summer destinations.”
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Cowan, chief executive at Stansted Airport, said: “We’re absolutely delighted that every seat on the first ever British Airways flights from Stansted completely sold out this weekend.
“We were confident these new services to Faro, Malaga, Palma and Ibiza would prove popular with passengers and this really positive start is a clear demonstration of the strength of demand that exists across the region.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
“We now look forward to welcoming the addition of a new Berlin service next month and working closely with British Airways over the summer to build on this strong start and ensuring these exciting new flights continue to be a great success.”