First ‘Jelly’ meet up at the Atrium Studios at University Campus Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
Advice and networking at latest UCS open business event
The Atrium Studios at University Campus Suffolk (UCS) launches its first ‘Jelly’ meet up on the November 26 at 8am.
A Jelly is a regular co-working event for freelancers, people who work from home and those who run their own small businesses work in a shared environment.
Carol Gant, arts curator for the School of Arts and Humanities and project co-ordinator for the Atrium Studios said: “Our Jelly event is free and is about meeting new people, working socially, collaboration and trying to combat some of the isolation that working by yourself can bring. It’s a mixture of work, conversation, sharing ideas and passing on tips and help. The aim is to provide a meeting space for like – minded people to bring their laptop and work together, exchange ideas and help each other.”
The Atrium Studios will also be offering an ‘Atrium Fix’, which is an opportunity to talk to advisors who may be able to help solve a problem or help develop an idea.
You may also want to watch:
The following skills will be available at the Jelly between 8-9.30am on the 26 November for attendees to ask about Social Media, WordPress, Animation, CMS, Software, Online Business Advice, Project Management, E Commerce, Marketing and Graphic Design, E-News and Exhibition Management.
Marcel Larose from, Smartalec Media said: “This is an ideal opportunity for an established small businesses or a start-up to get essential tips, advice or guidance whilst spending quality time with others in an informal setting. Many business owners find it difficult to make informed decisions on aspects of their business such as IT, funding or marketing as they do not know who to trust or simply cannot afford specialist advice, and in the worst case end up wasting time and money. I have learnt from making a few mistakes in business over the past 12 years, but you don’t have to!”
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 3 Woman's body found in village home
- 4 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 10 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
The New Anglian Growth hub will also be attending offering general business advice.
Those interested in attending the Atrium Studios Jelly which is based at the Atrium Studios in University Campus Suffolk’s Library Building are asked to attend between 8-9.30am on 26 November or they can stay and work from The Atrium Studios for the day.
A workspace desk area will be provided (please bring your own laptop) along with wifi, refreshments and company within a creative environment.
To register visit http://atriumstudiosjelly.eventbrite.co.uk
For a list of all UCS open events, see www.ucs.ac.uk/openevents