First winter meeting of AHDB Chelmsford Monitor Farm, run by mother and son Christy and Hew Willett, takes place November 10
- Credit: Archant
The first winter meeting of AHDB’s Chelmsford Monitor Farm is due to take place on Friday, November 10 from 9am.
Mother-and-son team Christy and Hew Willett, of Parklands Farm, Galleywood, farm in partnership across 475ha of owned and rented arable land.
The farm has recently moved to a strip-till system.
The meeting will discuss crop establishment and drill choice as the pair share the lessons learnt from their six-drill trial this autumn.
Speakers include farmers Guy Shelby, Farmers Weekly Arable Farmer of the Year 2016, and Simon Cowell to talk about their establishment systems and experiences. Harry Henderson, machinery specialist at AHDB, will be discussing the options for a combine replacement for Parklands Farm.
You may also want to watch:
The meeting takes place at Galleywood Heritage Centre, The Common, CM2 8TR. To attend, book online, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 07387 015465.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 3 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 4 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 5 Woman's body found in village home
- 6 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 7 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 10 'It's been a strange few days' - Skuse gives emotional exit interview