'Foodmarket' full of local produce opens
A NEW “foodmarket” selling local produce has opened alongside the popular farmcafé in Marlesford.Following months of building work, owners Paul and Linda Thomas welcomed shoppers to the new food market on Main Road in the village for the first time on Thursday.
By Kate McNally
A NEW “foodmarket” selling local produce has opened alongside the popular farmcafé in Marlesford.
Following months of building work, owners Paul and Linda Thomas welcomed shoppers to the new food market on Main Road in the village for the first time on Thursday.
Local producers and suppliers came out in force to promote their wares in the 'tasting tent' and the launch event was rounded off with a party in the café with music and refreshments.
You may also want to watch:
“We have always been passionate about using local and homemade produce in our café and this, together with locally produced fresh farm produce, will now be on sale in the food market,” said Mrs Thomas.
The couple was keen to open the food market in time for Christmas trade, she added.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 9 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 10 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
“Hampers, turkeys, Christmas trees, Christmas cards and gifts will all be available over the next few weeks as well as organic and locally produced foods.
“To make Christmas shopping more enjoyable, from October 25 we will be opening the food market until 8pm every Thursday evening, while in the farm café we are offering a bistro style menu.”