'Foodmarket' full of local produce opens
A NEW “foodmarket” selling local produce has opened alongside the popular farmcafé in Marlesford.Following months of building work, owners Paul and Linda Thomas welcomed shoppers to the new food market on Main Road in the village for the first time on Thursday.
By Kate McNally
A NEW “foodmarket” selling local produce has opened alongside the popular farmcafé in Marlesford.
Following months of building work, owners Paul and Linda Thomas welcomed shoppers to the new food market on Main Road in the village for the first time on Thursday.
Local producers and suppliers came out in force to promote their wares in the 'tasting tent' and the launch event was rounded off with a party in the café with music and refreshments.
“We have always been passionate about using local and homemade produce in our café and this, together with locally produced fresh farm produce, will now be on sale in the food market,” said Mrs Thomas.
The couple was keen to open the food market in time for Christmas trade, she added.
- 1 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 2 Ipswich Town installed as early League One title favourites
- 3 GALLERY: 'Stunning' turnout as Hadleigh Show returns after enforced break
- 4 5 new places to eat and drink in Woodbridge this year
- 5 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 6 Excitement builds as Suffolk Show venue wakes up
- 7 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
- 8 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 9 Mike Bacon: Luke Woolfenden.... going nowhere, going everywhere
- 10 'I keep selling out' - Mum-of-two dreams of fudge shop as business thrives
“Hampers, turkeys, Christmas trees, Christmas cards and gifts will all be available over the next few weeks as well as organic and locally produced foods.
“To make Christmas shopping more enjoyable, from October 25 we will be opening the food market until 8pm every Thursday evening, while in the farm café we are offering a bistro style menu.”