Forest Heath: Double win for Cubiqdesign in Newmarket & District Chamber awards
GRAPHIC, web and advertising design agency Cubiqdesign was a double winner at the Newmarket and District Chamber of Commerce Awards.
The company, founded in 2004 and based in Newmarket, carried off the trophies in both the Small to Medium-sized Business and Effective Use of Marketing categories at the awards ceremony, held at the Jockey Club Rooms.
Another double winner was Newmarket-based Manig Business Advice and Training, which won the Business Enabler category outright and whose founder, Andrew Manig, also shared the Community Focus award with Tolly Considine of Newmarket florist Tolly’s Flowers.
Anglia Community Lesiure, which includes the leisure centres in Newmarket, Mildenhall and Brandon, won the Medium to Large Business category and Jilly Parrott of Newmarket sausage maker Musks was named Employee of the Year.
The Judges Award for all-round excellence went to Star Curtains, based at Exning, with the panel particularly impressed by its investment in training and attention to detail.
Other award winners included La Hogue Farm Shop and Caf� at Chippenham (Retailer of the Year), Flourishing People, from Freckenham (Environmental Awareness), The Very Early Lunch Club (Online Business), Bedford Lodge Hotel, Newmarket (Customer Focus), Qton Solutions, from Stow cum Quy (Innovation) and FISH (Burwell) Ltd (New Business).
Both the food and the entertainment at the awards event had a strong local flavour. Tim Turner, the chef at the Jockey Club Rooms, and his team worked with Chris Reeks of La Hogue Farm Shop and Caf� to source local produce, which included venison, pork, beef, rhubarb and cheeses grown and produced in the area.
- 1 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 2 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 3 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 4 Body of woman found in river in Hadleigh
- 5 Ambitious plans to regenerate 'dilapidated' part of Suffolk town revealed
- 6 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
- 7 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 8 One of north Suffolk's 'most productive' arable farms up for sale
- 9 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 10 Torquay sign two released Ipswich Town players
Entertainment included music from Simply Reeds and Jon Beedle, magician Bruce Wright, caricaturist Josie Camus and artist Jacquie Jones.
The Newmarket and District Chamber worked in partnership with the Newmarket Retailers Association to promote the awards this year.
A total of 24 businesses from across the Forest Heath district entered the awards, with more than 25 local organisations providing sponsorship and more than 50 using the event for advertising or promotion.