Former TV dragon Theo Paphitis highlights a Suffolk business
- Credit: Design Communcations
Bury St Edmunds company Design Communications message is re-tweeted to Theo Paphitis’ 500,000 followers.
Entrepreneur and former BBC Dragons’ Den judge Theo Paphitis is still doing his bit to highlight the best in British business.
And this week a Suffolk business - Design Communications - was pushed into the national, and international spotlight by the entrepreneur.
The business expert promotes small and growing business through his Small Business Sunday website, where he spotlights companies, and on Twitter.
And this week a tweet by Nigel McCartney, director of Design Communications of Bury St Edmunds was selected by him for a SBS Award and promotion.
You may also want to watch:
Mr McCartney said: “Congratulations come flooding in across the country after Theo re-tweeted the results to his 500,000 followers.
“This is Design Communcations biggest achievement on Twitter.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 3 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 4 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 5 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 6 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 7 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 8 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 9 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 10 Another former Town player completes Colchester move
“This award is a fantastic acknowledgment of the hard work and dedication that the whole team has into making sure the customer is at forefront of everything we do.”
Design Communications has been established 30 years and has been based in Bury St Edmunds for the past 14 years, now in offices of Eastgate Street.
The company designs and maintains voice, date, mobile and WiFi systems for the business world.
Mr McCartney added: “I suppose 90% of our customers are within and hour-and-a-half of our office heere, and we have others nationally and in Europe.
“We had a flood of messages after the award was announced.”
Director Nigel is also a foster carer and is the chair of the board of trustees for The Fostering Network and their social media reflects the aims and his passion and support for the important charity.
Every Monday Theo Paphitis selects six businesses, from those that have tweeted to @TheoPaphitis, to share their message with his half a million strong followers.
Find out more: @DesignCommuncations