Freight company celebrates opening
INTERNATIONAL freight and logistics specialist Cory Brothers yesterday celebrated the official opening of its new bespoke offices in Felixstowe. Cory House at the Haven Exchange was opened by the Rt Hon John Gummer, MP for Suffolk Coastal.
INTERNATIONAL freight and logistics specialist Cory Brothers yesterday celebrated the official opening of its new bespoke offices in Felixstowe.
Cory House at the Haven Exchange was opened by the Rt Hon John Gummer, MP for Suffolk Coastal.
Also present was Alan Marsh, chief executive of Cory's parent company, Braemar Shipping Services Group, and Quentin Soanes, chairman of Cory Brothers and a director of Braemar Shipping Services.
John van Bergen, managing director of the freight forwarding and logistics division of Cory Brothers, said: “We are delighted to be opening this new facility which will enable us to provide an even better service for our customers. This development emphasises the investments we are making in our products to ensure our customers receive superior support and care in these most demanding of times.”
You may also want to watch:
Cory Brothers provides a wide range of port, hub, liner, cruise and forwarding services from its bases throughout the UK and internationally, including from its new hub in Singapore. The company, which can trace its history back to 1842 where it began as Richard Cory & Sons in the Cardiff Docks, is looking optimistically to the future. The new 15,000 sq ft Felixstowe office is the result of recent growth, including the purchase of Freight Action Ltd at the end of last year, and demonstrates the company's commitment to its strategy of further expansion.
Alan Marsh said: “We are pleased that Cory Brothers continues to go from strength to strength. Cory Brothers represents an important component within the Braemar Shipping Services Group, which has developed marine services business divisions in parallel to ship broking, and these divisions now represent a growing percentage of the group's profitability.”
- 1 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 4 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 5 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 6 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-1 win against Fleetwood
- 8 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 9 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 10 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card