New co-owners join health club and spa
- Credit: Archant
A 15th century health and fitness club has been given a new lease of life - in the shape of two new co-owners.
The Gainsborough Health Club and Spa in Cavendish, near Sudbury, has seen husband and wife team Danielle and Stephen Alen join the ranks alongside current owners Mervyn and Jo Douglas.
Mr and Mrs Alen joined the team in January after falling in love with the building but have only just been able to share their joy after the spa was closed due to the coronavirus outbreak.
Now they have thrown open the doors to welcome back their customers with a new look and invigorated atmosphere.
Mr and Mrs Douglas said: “We are delighted to have Danielle and Steve come on board as co-owners.
You may also want to watch:
“Danielle brings with her a wealth of knowledge looking after hotels, health clubs and spas for over 24 years, to really take The Gainsborough to its next level.”
Housed in restored timber-framed barns and surrounded by rolling countryside, The Gainsborough Health Club and Spa offers the very latest cardiovascular equipment as well as an indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam rooms and a cafe.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 7 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 8 Village pub given go-ahead to expand dining area
- 9 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 10 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
Mr and Mrs Alen said: “We are so pleased that we have been able to reopen our doors post-lockdown.
“The club is looking refreshed and we are ready to welcome back our members, to motivate and inspire them to get back on track with taking care of their wellbeing.
“Our therapists are also waiting in the wings to perform some relaxing treatments to our day spa guests.”