Gallery: New Marks & Spencer Simply Food store at Martlesham Heath is open for business
- Credit: Archant
MARKS & Spencer today opened its new M&S Simply Food store at Martlesham Heath, near Ipswich, with customers being treated to a day of entertainment, including an in-store DJ, champagne bar and a shopper competition.
A traditional ribbon cutting took place to mark the occasion, and customers were invited to celebrate alongside the store manager and staff with a complimentary glass of champagne.
First-day visitors to the store, on the Martlesham Heath Retail Park, are being treated to samples of the food and drink on offer, with 38 lucky customers winning a share of £1,000 of M&S Gift Cards to spend in-store.
The new 15,000 sq ft store carries nearly 5,000 product lines, alongside with a 48-seat café serving Fair-trade tea and coffee, as well as a range of sandwiches, cakes and hot snacks.
Mike Humphreys, store manager, said: “After working hard to prepare the store for its opening this morning, we were thrilled to open our doors at Martlesham Heath Retail Park.
“The new store is a great addition to the retail park, and there were plenty of shoppers at the opening, all eager to see all that their new M&S Simply Food has to offer. We’re looking forward to getting to know them over the comings weeks and months.”
Wendy Webster from Martlesham was one of the first customers in to the store. She said: “When I moved from Ipswich into Martlesham and heard M&S Simply Food was coming I was absolutely thrilled. The store is wonderful - it’s a fantastic asset to the local area.”
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 4 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 5 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 6 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 7 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 8 Villages shock as seven Suffolk postboxes stolen in 10 days
- 9 6 roadworks to avoid in Suffolk this week
- 10 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
M&S Simply Food Martlesham Heath will be open between 8am and 8pm Monday to Saturday and from 10.30am to 4.30pm on Sundays. Free parking is available.