Gallery: Weekend of fun and thrills at Framlingham Country Show
- Credit: Archant
From acrobatic dogs to Zulu dancers, this year’s Framlingham Country Show offered everything from A-Z.
The annual event, held in the shadow of the town’s magnificent 12th century castle, enjoyed almost uninterrupted sunshine, with an abrupt shower on Saturday failing to spoil two days of fun.
The celebration of countryside life featured typically rural demonstrations of falconry, sheep racing, dog and duck herding, and an array of local food and drink stands.
Less familiar pursuits were exhibited by the parkour, free running and stage combat experts of Team Kinetix, by Inuit dogs like those seen portraying wolves in HBO series Game of Thrones, and by the traditional Zulu dancers of South Africa.
For the first time in the show’s four-year history, a festival of dogs featured displays of agility and fun classes like ‘cutest puppy’, ‘hansom hound’, ‘waggiest tail’ and prettiest bitch. Junior handlers got their moment to shine, with two classes for youngsters under 10, over 10 and under 15.
You may also want to watch:
The event, held in the grounds of Framlingham College, also showed off the talents of rural crafters and included cookery demonstrations, gardening talks, circus shows and workshops, live music from solo artists and bands, donkey rides and charity stands operated by the likes of Battersea Dogs Home, the RSPB and Help for Heroes.
Young entrepreneurs were even given their own marquee to set up a stand and demonstrate their inventions and business ideas.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 6 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 'This club is going to be flying next season' - Dyer on 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury and Vincent-Young injury
- 9 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 10 WATCH as man calmly rips wooden gate off hinges before walking away