Globex Freight Management relocates from Felixstowe to Martlesham
- Credit: Archant
Freight management company Globex has transferred its operations from Felixstowe to Martlesham as part of plans to build its business by bringing more services in-house.
Globex, previously based in Parker Avenue, Felixstowe, has moved into a new warehouse complex in Anson Road, Martlesham Heath, offering 7,000sq ft of storage space for clients’ goods.
The company, launched 14 years ago, has previously offered warehousing on an outsourced basis. Directors Shaun Rudduck and Andy Wilding now aim to offer an improved service, involving full storage of cargo plus pick, pack, sort and labelling and special order handling.
Nick Wilding, along with team members Kim Wilding and Carl Hawes, will lead the warehousing function, with responsibility for the management of goods as they enter and exit the warehouse.
Andy Wilding said: “We’re delighted to be able to offer a full warehousing service to our customers. This allows us to take full ownership of our clients’ cargo from shipment to onward travel in the UK.
You may also want to watch:
“We knew we wanted to offer a level of service that would make our customers trust us and come back to us again and again in the future, and the only way to do that with complete confidence is to provide the service ourselves.
“We are really looking forward to meeting new customers as we widen our offering to any business looking for affordable and high quality complete shipping services.”
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 8 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 9 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 10 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
Andy Wiling, who launched Globex in 2003, and Shaun Rudduck, who joined as a director in 2010, each have decades of experience in the industry, having both worked for major corporates before Globex. In total, the company’s team members have more than 100 years of experience in the shipping sector between them.
Globex serves clients on a local, national and international scale and describes itself as providing “the sophistication and assurance of a large corporate organisation with the attention to detail of a small, local business”.
It offers a wide range of services, including customs brokerage and freight forwarding (sea, air and inland) as well as warehousing, and has held Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) status since May 2011, formally recognising it as a trusted business within the international supply chain.