Gold for Black Adder
MAULDONS Brewery from Suffolk was among the gold medal winners in the 2007-08 Society of Independent Brewers East Region Beer Competition.The Sudbury company won the Bottled Beers category with the bottle-conditioned version of its dark bitter stout Black Adder, also a frequent award winner in cask form.
MAULDONS Brewery from Suffolk was among the gold medal winners in the 2007-08 Society of Independent Brewers East Region Beer Competition.
The Sudbury company won the Bottled Beers category with the bottle-conditioned version of its dark bitter stout Black Adder, also a frequent award winner in cask form.
Mauldons also received a silver medal in the Best Bitters category for its new Silver Adder ale, introduced last year to mark its 25th anniversary, and a bronze in the Milds category for Micawber Mild.
Brewery owner Steve Sims said of Black Adder's success: “This is the fourth award this premium bottled beer has won in recent years and we look forward to representing the region in the finals in March.”
You may also want to watch:
There was also success at the event - held at the Elgood & Sons brewery in Wisbech - for Nethergate, based at Pentlow, near Sudbury, which took bronze in the Bitters category with its 3.9 ale.
The overall regional championship went to the winner of the Porters, Strong Milds, Old Ales and Stouts category, Black Hole Porter, brewed by Peterborough-based Oakham Ales.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 5 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 6 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 7 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 8 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 9 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 10 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
The winners of all eight categories will go forward to the society's national competition, the winners in which will be announced at its annual brewing conference, being held at York in March.