‘Good’ firm in running for top award celebrating ‘responsible business’
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk business is in the running for a prestigious national award recognising firms’ efforts to build an inclusive workplace and behave responsibly.
Ipswich-based Concertus Design & Property Consultants is the only firm in the county to make the longlist for the Business in The Community (BITC) Responsible Business Awards, which champions responsible business in the UK and abroad.
It recognises the most inspiring organisations in the UK which are making a difference by acting to build more inclusive workplaces, stronger communities and tackle our biggest environmental challenges. Concertus was also the only small or medium-sized enterprise in the category sitting alongside national organisations Aviva, Azoomee, Lloyds Banking, Northumbrian Water, NH Hotel Group, Salary Finance and Yorkshire Water.
Managing director Andrew Rowe said: “We were encouraged to enter the awards by Trading for Good who are part of BITC and who we have worked closely with for a couple of years.
“Getting to the longlist of these high-profile national awards is a real boost for us as a business and for the Concertus team who work extremely hard to ensure we work collaboratively, behave responsibly and are considerate to others.”
You may also want to watch:
Not-for-profit Trading for Good is a digital service helping small businesses improve their reputation and grow their business by showcasing the good work they do in their communities. It also gives free advice to local businesses to help them get involved in socially responsible projects.
Kevin Barber, of Trading for Good, who presented Mr Rowe with the award, said: “More than ever businesses are expected to play their part in creating the society we all want.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 6 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Former Town loanee joins McCarthy's Cardiff side
“We are proud of Concertus for achieving the longlist for these prestigious awards.”
The winners of all 10 categories will be announced at the Responsible Business Gala Dinner at the Royal Albert Hall on July 3 in front of 1,200 business leaders.
The headline sponsors of the 2018 Responsible Business Awards are Barclays, Fujitsu, Unilever, Unipart, UPS, and Hogan Lovells as well as Anglian Water, winner of the 2017 Responsible Business of the Year.