Green Party’s Natalie Bennett to discuss effects of Sizewell C on Woodbridge at free event
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Former Green Party leader Natalie Bennett will give a speech in Suffolk next month on the new nuclear power station proposed for the county.
Ms Bennett will address the likely effects of Sizewell C on Woodbridge and the surrounding villages at a free event in the town’s community hall.
The event, organised by the Suffolk Coastal Green Party, Suffolk Alternative Green Environment and Together Against Sizewell C, will feature discussions on topics related to EDF, the company behind Sizewell, the effect of a possible workers’ accommodation campus and park and ride facilities, as well as traffic and financial issues.
A Green Party spokesman urged people to learn more about the effects of Sizewell C.
“We believe a lot of people are unaware of the potential consequences and effects this will have on our lives,” the spokesman added.
You may also want to watch:
“We strongly believe that Sizewell C is the wrong plan at the wrong time – not suitable, not responsible, not necessary and not sustainable.”
EDF has previously highlighted the importance of Sizewell C in supply the country’s energy needs.
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 4 RACE NIGHT LIVE! Brilliant Witches win at Lynn in season opener
- 5 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 8 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 9 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 10 Person taken to hospital after two-car crash
The meeting takes place from 7.30pm on Wednesday, May 24 with no booking necessary.