Suffolk solicitors praised for 'punching above their weight'
- Credit: Greene & Greene
Greene & Greene, a legal practice based in Bury St Edmunds, has been rated as a top firm of dynamic, determined solicitors in the globally-recognised Legal 500 rankings.
The company's corporate team, which moves up to Tier 1, is led by Simon Ratcliffe and handles regional, national and cross-border corporate transactions.
Mark Whittaker, who joined as a partner in 2020, is described as “commercial, pragmatic, responsive and diligent”.
Andrew Cooper is recognised for corporate restructurings and providing fundraising advice to technology companies, and Mark Daly for advising shareholders of high-growth VC-backed science and technology companies.
The commercial litigation team is noted as a “very strong set-up for major litigation” with next generation partner Sarah Western “punching well above the weight of a provincial solicitor”.
The commercial property team has “an excellent reputation in the regional commercial property market” with “a great depth of experience and a practical commercial approach”.
Partners Rob Adam and Michael Batty lead the small but highly-skilled property litigation team, in which Sarah Western is “rightly feared as a formidable opponent whose star is rising fast”.
The firm’s growing construction team are “legal ninjas” that “deliver fantastic results for clients, work tirelessly, and are exceptionally driven.”
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 5 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 6 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 7 Charlton boss Jackson on Bonne's 'point to prove', Addicks' interest in Pigott and Cook's sacking
- 8 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 9 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 10 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Charlton loss
The employment team is led by Selene Holden, who has “great clarity of thought and cuts straight to the chase”. Leading individual Greg Jones is “extremely responsive, commercial and practical”, while Angharad Ellis Owen strikes “the right balance of empathy and objectivity”.
The firm’s top-tier private client practice is a “responsive, willing and able team with the right skills and experience”, which continued to offer a high level of service during the Covid-19 pandemic. Jonathan Mathers also remains a leading individual for agriculture and estates.
Greene & Greene’s contentious probate team, also ranked Top Tier, has “strong knowledge and experience in contentious trusts and probate work, and also provides wonderful client service”. Michael Batty and the “very personable and reassuring” Rob Adam are “proactive and give clear advice”.
In the “focused, determined, bright and well-informed” family team, the “bright, hardworking, astute, extremely thorough and wise” Stuart Hughes is supported by the “responsive, articulate and helpful” Melanie Pilmer and rising star Emma Alfieri, who is “efficient and good with clients”.