Guests get a spot of summer magic
A MAGICAL wood, complete with trees and fairies, was created at the Ipswich offices of law firm Ashton Graham for a reception to launch the Red Rose Chain theatre company’s production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
The evening began with a surprise performance by Red Rose Chain actors, who gave the 60 guests a first hand preview of the production, followed by the premier of a 30-second short film trailer.
A Midsummer Night’s Dream is the Red Rose company’s “Theatre in the Forest” production for this year, with 2009’s shows in Rendleham Forest having attracted mMore than 9,000 people.
The production is being supported by a number of local businesses, including Ashton Graham under a headline sponsorship deal.
“We gathered in the ‘forest’ to celebrate our sponsorship of the Red Rose Chain, a dynamic company whose talent and passion have given the region a new way of experiencing Shakespeare and the arts,” said Matthew Potter of Ashton Graham.
You may also want to watch:
“As a local legal firm, we feel it is important to both play a part, as well as give something back to our community. The Red Rose Chain has similar ideals.
“It not only produces the Theatre in the Forest events, but works closely in the community by developing film and workshop programmes with schools, youth groups, prison inmates, young people in care, single parents and former drug users from the Iceni Project.”
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 9 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 10 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
A Midsummer Night’s Dream will take place from July 28 to August 29 at Rendlesham Forest, near Woodbridge. Book online at www.redrosechain.com.