Hadleigh: Plant Parts Ltd receives second Queen’s Award for Enterprise
A SUFFOLK business which supplies spare parts for construction machinery around the world was today presented with a Queen’s Award for Enterprise for the second year running.
Plant Parts Ltd, based in Hadleigh, has been honoured in the international trade category of the awards for a second time as a result of further growth in exports which has helped it to maintain its record of doubling sales every three year.
The Queen’s Awards are announced annually in April, to coincide with HM The Queen’s birthday, and Plant Parts received its trophy and certificate yesterday during a visit to its premises by the Lord Lieutenant of Suffolk, Lord Tollemache, the Queen’s official representative in the county.
Lord Tollemache told directors and staff of the company: “For me personally it is always a huge pleasure to visit the successful companies, see what they do and present the award. But this is a particularly special day because, of course, this is your second award in successive years. Only one other company has achieved this in all the many years that I have had the privilege of presenting awards on behalf of The Queen.”
He added: “It is not just the fact that exports have growth 100% in just three or four years that is so impresive but that your company turnover has increased by 26% in the last year to �3.65million.”
You may also want to watch:
In response, Plant Parts managing director Richard Finch thanked the company’s “wonderful” staff for their contribution to its success.
Plant Parts employs 16 people who are involved in supplying customers in more than 100 countries. The business was launched in 1991 and moved to its present base in Clifford Finch Way, off Crockatt Road, Hadleigh, in 1994.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 6 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo