Harwich & North Essex MP Bernard Jenkin visits new home of The Lampshade Company at Mother Studios in Ardleigh
- Credit: Archant
Harwich & North Essex MP Bernard Jenkin was among the guests as Colchester-based firm The Lampshade Company hosted an open day to mark its move into new premises at Mother Studios in Ardleigh.
Mr Jenkin was given a tour of the complex, created through the conversion of a Victorian malt warehouse, and was presented with a bespoke hand-made lampshade featuring the Houses of Parliament to use in his office.
Angela Berry, director of The Lampshade Company, said: “We’re delighted to have our new premises at Mother Studios and that Bernard Jenkin was able to visit us during our open day.
“We’re thankful for all the support we’ve received from our local MP; it was great to have the opportunity to give Mr Jenkin a tour around our new premises and gift him one of our Parliament lampshades.”
The Lampshade Company, founded ini 2011, creates lampshades with fabrics from well known designers such as Emma Bridgewater, Liberty of London, Sanderson, Harlequin and Osborne & Little.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier this year, the company also launched a personalised digital print range which allows customers to order handmade lampshades which feature their own company logos and branding or family photos.
Mother Studios opened in October 2015 and is now home to around 25 artists and businesses.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 4 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 8 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 9 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 10 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
“Mother Studios has a great community of artists and businesses and we love sharing our space with other creative and innovative people,” added Angela.
“Being based at Mother Studios has given The Lampshade Company the perfect opportunity to have a much larger work space for the team and produce many more products for larger commercial clients.”