Heritage initiative in line for awards
WEB design and web-based solutions company A Recipe For Success has received a double nomination in the e-Government Awards for its mobile web application Heritage Connect.
The company, based on the Ransomes Europark in Ipswich, developed the application in partnership with City of Lincoln Council, English Heritage and The Heritage Lottery Fund.
It uses some of the latest web and mobile technology to catalogue and present the chronological history of an area, enabling people of all ages to explore the heritage of the places where they live, work and visit.
Launched in June 2010, Heritage Connect has already proved to be a hit with the residents of Lincoln where the pilot project was based.
Encouraged by the strong response, A Recipe For Success is now promoting the application to historic towns and cities across the UK, including Edinburgh, Cambridge, and York.
Adam Partington from City of Lincoln Council said: “Heritage Connect is a website that connects people with places.
“It gives them an understanding of how a place has developed into its current character over time, and why it is functioning the way it is today.”
- 1 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 2 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 3 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 4 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 5 Town boss McKenna adds ex-Manchester United player to coaching staff
- 6 Suffolk woman stole thousands from football club and school
- 7 The former Ipswich players looking for new clubs this summer
- 8 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 9 Revealed: The top serious road crash hotspots in Suffolk
- 10 Great Suffolk car-making dream to be relived as Strada 4-88 comes home to show
Heritage Connect has been shortlisted in this year’s e-Government Awards in both the “Building a fairer society” category, which celebrates applications that improve lives and communities, and the “Take-up & usage growth” category, which recognises high and growing take-up of new e-Government services through effective delivery and marketing.
The e-Government Awards take place at the London Guildhall on Wednesday, January 26.