Heveningham/Marlesford: Farm and farmcafé join forces for Breakfast Week 2015
- Credit: Archant
An arable farm business has teamed up with a rural cafe to promote healthy eating as part of a national campaign.
The farmcafé in Marlesford, near Wickham Market and Hillfarm Oils, an oilseed rape oil diversification created by Sam Fairs of Heveningham, near Halesworth, will be promoting the benefits of a healthy, balanced breakfast as part of Breakfast Week 2015.
The aim of the national campaign, which runs from January 25 to 31, is to raise awareness of breakfast as an important meal. The drive, started in 2000, is run by cereals levy-paying group the Home Grown Cereals Authority (HGCA).
Using local Suffolk produce, the café and Hillfarm Oils have created two specially designed breakfast dishes, the Mouthwatering Suffolk Muffin and the Scrumptious Suffolk Tartlet which will be served from December 27 until January 31 for Breakfast Week
Farmhouse Breakfast Week aims to encourage people to recognise the health benefits of eating breakfast regularly. Celebrity chef Phil Vickery will be involved in the campaign.
Research shows that eating breakfast can give you more energy, help reduce stress levels, improve concentration, mood and may even help you to manage your weight, campaign organisers say. However, a survey conducted for Breakfast Week shows that a quarter (25%) of people are skipping breakfast once or more during the week, with more than one in 10 (13%) never eating it.
Hillfarm Oils business manager Lawrence Frohn said they are hoping that those who try the breakfasts will respond by voting for them in the Best British Breakfast awards.
- 1 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 2 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 3 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 4 Body of woman found in river in Hadleigh
- 5 Ambitious plans to regenerate 'dilapidated' part of Suffolk town revealed
- 6 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
- 7 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 8 One of north Suffolk's 'most productive' arable farms up for sale
- 9 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 10 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
“We would really like to win this award for Suffolk in recognition of all the fantastic food producers that our great county has,” he said.
“As a way of celebrating the Great British Breakfast the foodmarket side of the farmcafé will be offering tastings and promotions on a number of its main breakfast ingredients including Hillfarm Oils cold pressed rapeseed oil. The two breakfasts we have created show the versatility of Hillfarm’s rapeseed oil.”