Heveningham/Marlesford: Farm and farmcafé join forces for Breakfast Week 2015
- Credit: Archant
An arable farm business has teamed up with a rural cafe to promote healthy eating as part of a national campaign.
The farmcafé in Marlesford, near Wickham Market and Hillfarm Oils, an oilseed rape oil diversification created by Sam Fairs of Heveningham, near Halesworth, will be promoting the benefits of a healthy, balanced breakfast as part of Breakfast Week 2015.
The aim of the national campaign, which runs from January 25 to 31, is to raise awareness of breakfast as an important meal. The drive, started in 2000, is run by cereals levy-paying group the Home Grown Cereals Authority (HGCA).
Using local Suffolk produce, the café and Hillfarm Oils have created two specially designed breakfast dishes, the Mouthwatering Suffolk Muffin and the Scrumptious Suffolk Tartlet which will be served from December 27 until January 31 for Breakfast Week
Farmhouse Breakfast Week aims to encourage people to recognise the health benefits of eating breakfast regularly. Celebrity chef Phil Vickery will be involved in the campaign.
You may also want to watch:
Research shows that eating breakfast can give you more energy, help reduce stress levels, improve concentration, mood and may even help you to manage your weight, campaign organisers say. However, a survey conducted for Breakfast Week shows that a quarter (25%) of people are skipping breakfast once or more during the week, with more than one in 10 (13%) never eating it.
Hillfarm Oils business manager Lawrence Frohn said they are hoping that those who try the breakfasts will respond by voting for them in the Best British Breakfast awards.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 7 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 8 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 9 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 10 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
“We would really like to win this award for Suffolk in recognition of all the fantastic food producers that our great county has,” he said.
“As a way of celebrating the Great British Breakfast the foodmarket side of the farmcafé will be offering tastings and promotions on a number of its main breakfast ingredients including Hillfarm Oils cold pressed rapeseed oil. The two breakfasts we have created show the versatility of Hillfarm’s rapeseed oil.”