Holiday park scoops accolade
A HOLIDAY park has scooped an accolade for offering a “shining example” in its customer care.Bourne Leisure's Orchards Holiday Park at Clacton on Sea received official recognition from East of England Tourism after training all its teams through the Welcome to Excellence 'Creating the Magic' customer care programme.
A HOLIDAY park has scooped an accolade for offering a “shining example” in its customer care.
Bourne Leisure's Orchards Holiday Park at Clacton on Sea received official recognition from East of England Tourism after training all its teams through the Welcome to Excellence 'Creating the Magic' customer care programme.
General manager James Tyrell was presented with a Corporate Certificate and Welcome to Excellence plaque during a VIP visit attended by East of England Tourism and Tourism South East. Individual certificates were awarded to the team.
'Creating the Magic' is part of the Welcome to Excellence national customer care programme for the leisure industry, and is delivered by Tourism South East in partnership with East of England Tourism.
You may also want to watch:
John Atherton of East of England Tourism described the holiday park as a “shining example” of what can be achieved by giving all of a team the opportunity to take part in this kind of training.
“All 119 team members, from customer facing front-line team through to managers and administrators will now have the tools to give visitors that extra-special welcome,” he said.
- 1 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 2 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 3 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 4 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
- 9 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Judge tells jury majority verdict allowed
Bourne Leisure Group comprises Haven Holidays, British Holidays, Butlins and Warners.
Sue Davies, human resources manager for Bourne said: “This presentation is really important to us and proves our commitment to customer service. Through 'Creating the Magic' and the soon-to-be-launched 'Cutting Edge' customer service programme, we will continue to invest in our team members and ensure our guests have a great holiday and return year after year.”