Holiday parks operator Fellstead to sponsor snooker star Joe Perry
- Credit: Photo: © Keith Mindham Photogra
Holiday Parks group Fellstead, which includes two sites in Suffolk, has signed a deal to sponsor snooker star Joe Perry.
He will now carry the Fellstead logo on his waistcoat at tournaments around the world, and will also appear at Fellstead’s parks during breaks in his schedule.
Fellstead, which is part of the Lifestyle Living Group based at Barton in Cambridgeshire, owns the Carlton Meres Country Park near Saxmundham and Carlton Manor Holiday Park at Carlton Colville near Lowestoft, as well as Haveringland Hall Country Park in Norfolk and Silecroft Holiday Park in Cumbria.
Joe “The Gentleman” Perry, 40, lives at Chatteris in Cambridgeshire and is also known as “The Fen Potter”. He has recorded more than 200 century breaks since turning professional in 1991 and won his first major ranking title at this year’s Players Championship Grand Final in Thailand.
He said: “I’m enjoying a career high in the rankings and have just won my first world ranking tournament. Having a successful business backing me will aid my efforts and it’s good to be associated with successful people. I hope I can take the Fellstead name to a wider audience.”
Fellstead director David Macdonald said: “We are delighted to be sponsoring Joe. Snooker is growing in popularity across central Europe and the Far East, while maintaining strong interest and television coverage here in the UK.
“This a wonderful opportunity to raise the profile of our holiday parks. As his sporting nickname suggests, Joe is a true gentleman and a fantastic role model to youngsters.
- 1 Severe delays on major Suffolk route after crash
- 2 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 3 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 4 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 5 Plans to explore Dutch-style cycling network in Suffolk town
- 6 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 7 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 8 'I like his profile' - McKenna looking forward to working with Ndaba
- 9 'Bonne Mania' made us all smile... it faded but we'll always have the memories
- 10 Man exposes himself to two women on Thorpeness beach
“We are proud to be associated with a true champion and a local favourite,” added Mr Macdonald.