Home Bargains changes festive opening hours
- Credit: Archant
Discount retailer Home Bargains has announced changes to its festive opening hours this year.
Two stores in Ipswich and one in Bury St Edmunds will be affected by the changes.
Bosses at the chain said they wanted to thank staff for their hard work during the pandemic by giving them two extra days off on Boxing Day and New Year's Day for the first time.
The business was classed as an essential retailer throughout the pandemic, so remained open during the lockdowns.
Home Bargains stores will close early on Christmas Eve at 5pm and will be closed on Christmas Day, Boxing day and New Year's Day, to allow staff to enjoy more time to spend with family and friends.
The announcement follows a similar decision by supermarket chain Morrisons, which announced its stores will close on Boxing Day this year. Other retailers are also planning closures over the festive period.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 3 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 4 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 5 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 6 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 7 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 8 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family
- 9 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 10 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone