Husband and wife team put service at the centre of their new business transfer agency
- Credit: Archant
A husband and wife team have taken over a regional business transfer agency with a view to bringing a higher level of service to people wanting to buy and sell a business.
Simon and Sarah Oakley recently purchased the Adams and Co business transfer agency for East Anglia - covering Suffolk, Norfolk and Lincolnshire.
They decided to buy the venture after looking for a business to buy themselves and feeling let down by the service they received.
Simon said: “In our quest to find the right business opportunity we found that when we made contact with national business transfer agents who were representing local businesses that were for sale, the service and communication was below standard and we just felt we were dealing with a call centre, which essentially we were.”
Simon, who has many years management experience in the motor trade, and Sarah, whose background is in customer service, feel they have the transferable skills to do a better job.
Adams and Co have been successfully selling businesses since 1951 and operate across the UK from several local offices.
Simon added: “We will provide great customer service making sure that our clients receive the very best in communication, and benefit from an office that lives and works in the local area.
- 1 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 2 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 3 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 4 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 5 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
- 6 The former Ipswich players looking for new clubs this summer
- 7 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 8 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 9 Cobwebs spotted covering entire trees across Suffolk
- 10 Boss McKenna on Town's 'challenging and important' pre-season schedule
“Customers will also benefit from our national presence that provides superb digital marketing support and a vast database of prospective buyers. This also enables us to promote local businesses for sale countrywide”.
Simon added that since the couple started the new venture this month they have been “really busy”. He said the kind of businesses they have been dealing with so far include garages, pubs and convenience stores.