Bungay brewery boss’s delight at international accolades for beers
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk brewery which has been innovating its range of beers has struck gold at an international competition.
St Peter's brewery, near Bungay, took a gold award for its Crafted Black IPA at the 2019 International Beer Challenge.
It also scooped a bronze award for its Cream Stout, two silvers for its Plum Porter and Without® Raspberry & Elderberry.
MORE - Brewery boss prepares to launch new products into fast-moving beer marketManaging director John Hadingham said he was "absolutely delighted" at the four awards.
"The gold award for our Crafted Black IPA is a huge pat on the back for the whole team and a great endorsement of the ongoing focus we have on improving current brews and innovating with new ones such as the Without Elderberry and Raspberry," he said.
"Competition was high with entries from some of the best brewers in the world, so we feel very honoured and proud to receive such high recognition for our beers and ales."
You may also want to watch:
There were 72 categories in the contest, and entries from 40 countries, with an expert panel of judges presiding.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 5 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 9 Forward Sears completes Colchester return
- 10 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores