Ipswich agency Crafted designs global website for MSC shipping group
- Credit: Archant
Mediterranean Shipping Company, which has its UK head office in Ipswich, has launched a new global website, designed and built by locally-based digital agency Crafted.
Operating across 157 countries in eleven languages, msc.com features a variety of interactive tools to make it faster and easier for customers to manage their shipments, while enabling MSC teams working in more than 450 offices worldwide to update their own content to be approved by the company’s headquarters in Geneva.
Customers can view live container schedules via an airport-style arrivals and departures board and use a CO2 calculator to determine their cargo’s carbon footprint. They can also find out information about restricted cargo and key trading partners for imports and exports in 230 online country guides.
The website forms a part of the company’s growth strategy and aims to drive increased sales, including to auxiliary services, such as haulage, logistics and warehousing.
Joe Cook, global marketing manager at MSC, said: “Our new website projects the true size, scope and spirit of one of the world’s leading container shipping lines, bringing our award-winning customer service to our users online.
You may also want to watch:
“Its responsive design ensures customers can benefit from our services no matter which device they use to access the web, with the interactive tools enabling them to book and check shipments faster and easier than ever before. Msc.com provides a first-class user experience that continues to set us apart in our industry.”
Tom Gillman, commercial director at Crafted, said: “We’re really excited to announce the launch of the MSC global website, which rolls out the company’s refreshed branding for the first time worldwide.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 6 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 7 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 8 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 9 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 10 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
“This project involved catering for differences in local markets and cultures, with our team delivering a sophisticated and flexible solution that meets the differing needs of the MSC teams worldwide.”
Wholly owned by Mediterranean Shipping Company, MSC UK operates as an independent national carrier delivering the company’s global services locally throughout the United Kingdom.
Its Ipswich head office sees ships leave regularly form nine ports across the UK, including the Port of Felixstowe. This is complemented by a comprehensive road and rail haulage resource across East Anglia and beyond.