Ipswich-based facilities firm Vertas Group snaps up Colchester security business Oakpark Security Systems Ltd
- Credit: Archant
A growing East of England-based facilities management firm is celebrating further expansion after acquiring a security business.
Ipswich-based Vertas Group, a £44m turnover firm which employs around 2,300 staff across 400 sites in Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire and Essex, has bought Colchester-based Oakpark Security Systems Ltd for an undisclosed sum.
The move will expand and strengthen its current security service offering, as Oakpark, a £3.6m turnover business, operates more than 500 contracts across East of England and specialises in a range of security-related services. Among its specialisms are mobile patrol, CCTV monitoring, keyholding, locking, unlocking and response, and resilience consultancy.
Vertas describes Oakpark as having “an excellent track record in managing a range of security contracts bespoke to the client”. It has also recently started operating a cleaning division which will help strengthen the Vertas’ current cleaning service offer in the area.
There will be no job losses with all 130 Oakpark staff transferring to Vertas.
You may also want to watch:
Vertas chief executive Ian Surtees said they were “thrilled” to be able to further grow their security services in the region.
“Oakpark has years of experience in managing the security for a range of clients and will bring a wealth of knowledge to the Vertas Group,” he said.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 The 36 best restaurants in Suffolk according to the AA guide
- 4 Cornell attracting Championship interest as Ipswich contract is terminated
- 5 'We are in for three, four or five players' - Town CEO Ashton on new signings and deliver 'dramatic change' for Cook
- 6 Oxford boss hits out at 'ludicrous' League One spending while appearing to take swipe at Ipswich Town
- 7 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
- 8 Ashton reveals season ticket sales and hails impact of Ed Sheeran sponsorship
- 9 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 10 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
“This new arrangement will put us on the front foot when bidding for upcoming security contracts, with a bespoke offer suited to the client’s requirements and budget.
“I would like to take this opportunity to welcome all of Oakpark’s staff and clients to the Vertas Group. We look forward to meeting and working with you over the coming weeks and months.”
Oakpark’s day-to-day business will continue to operate as normal, and clients and staff will see no change in their contractual agreements, terms or conditions, said Vertas.
Vertas Group Ltd describes itself as “the fastest growing facilities management provider in East of England”, specialising in a large range of building and facilities services. It provides facilities services to Suffolk County Council.