Ipswich-based facilities firm Vertas Group snaps up Colchester security business Oakpark Security Systems Ltd
- Credit: Archant
A growing East of England-based facilities management firm is celebrating further expansion after acquiring a security business.
Ipswich-based Vertas Group, a £44m turnover firm which employs around 2,300 staff across 400 sites in Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire and Essex, has bought Colchester-based Oakpark Security Systems Ltd for an undisclosed sum.
The move will expand and strengthen its current security service offering, as Oakpark, a £3.6m turnover business, operates more than 500 contracts across East of England and specialises in a range of security-related services. Among its specialisms are mobile patrol, CCTV monitoring, keyholding, locking, unlocking and response, and resilience consultancy.
Vertas describes Oakpark as having “an excellent track record in managing a range of security contracts bespoke to the client”. It has also recently started operating a cleaning division which will help strengthen the Vertas’ current cleaning service offer in the area.
There will be no job losses with all 130 Oakpark staff transferring to Vertas.
Vertas chief executive Ian Surtees said they were “thrilled” to be able to further grow their security services in the region.
“Oakpark has years of experience in managing the security for a range of clients and will bring a wealth of knowledge to the Vertas Group,” he said.
- 1 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 2 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 3 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 4 Seven players who could leave Ipswich Town this summer
- 5 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 6 Boy, 10, asked to get in car by two men near Sudbury
- 7 Conveyor belt which carried pig carcases across Suffolk A-road is demolished
- 8 Boss McKenna on Town's 'challenging and important' pre-season schedule
- 9 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 10 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
“This new arrangement will put us on the front foot when bidding for upcoming security contracts, with a bespoke offer suited to the client’s requirements and budget.
“I would like to take this opportunity to welcome all of Oakpark’s staff and clients to the Vertas Group. We look forward to meeting and working with you over the coming weeks and months.”
Oakpark’s day-to-day business will continue to operate as normal, and clients and staff will see no change in their contractual agreements, terms or conditions, said Vertas.
Vertas Group Ltd describes itself as “the fastest growing facilities management provider in East of England”, specialising in a large range of building and facilities services. It provides facilities services to Suffolk County Council.