Ipswich-based ISG secures £7.2m regeneration contract
- Credit: Archant
Construction services group ISG, whose eastern region arm is based in Ipswich, has won a £7.2million contract to build a mixed residential and retail development in Watford for affordable housing provider Home Group.
The High Street regeneration project involves the demolition of existing buildings and the construction of a three-storey elevation facing the road and a six-storey structure behind, creating 56 homes as well as commercial space.
It has been designed to blend with the surrounding architecture, with the High Street façade exactly imitating the Art Deco style of the former building on the site.
Liam Duffy, ISG’s regional director – east, commented: “Building on our existing relationship with Home Group in Scotland, we are delighted to have secured this keynote regeneration project in Watford.
“This development sensitively retains the character of High Street, providing much needed affordable accommodation within a central location and in a building that boasts strong environmental credentials.”
You may also want to watch:
Darren Blake, head of development at Home Group, added: “As a not-for-profit affordable housing provider, we’re focused on building homes for those who need them. We’re also committed to regenerating areas and building communities and we’re delighted to be working with ISG to bring this site back into use.”
Both green and brown roofs will also be installed to reduce surface run off, absorb CO2 and enhance biodiversity, with ISG set to deliver an attractive hard and soft landscaping scheme as part of the project. The development also includes a number of amenity and roof level terraced areas for residents.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 6 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 8 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 9 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 Exit Interview: Ward was the model pro who started fast but simply ran out of steam
The project is being phased to enable early occupation of the 3,800 sq ft ground floor commercial accommodation, which ISG will hand over as a shell and core unit. The full residential development is scheduled for completion early in 2016.