Ipswich-based JR Executive Travel sold in £1.8m buy-out deal
- Credit: Su Anderson
Suffolk-based JR Executive Travel has been acquired in a buy-out deal valuing the business at £1.8million.
Ian Tooke and Andy Fisk, both previously employees at the company, are now co-owners after taking over from Glyn and Malcolm Roberts.
Mr Tooke, 44, is a fully qualified mechanic and progressed through the motor trade to managerial level. He also started his own IT business nine years ago, looking after IT for JR Executive Travel, which is based at Copdock, near Ipswich.
Mr Fisk, 36, who hase been driving coaches for the past 18 years, started out with JR Executive Travel as a driver and worked his way up to become operations manager.
“I started out as a driver with First Eastern Counties and I still enjoy driving coaches,” he said. “This is an absolute dream for us; we have got plans to develop and grow the business.
“When Glyn first suggested we take over I thought there was no way we could do it. But then we did some research and realised it was possible. It means everyone has kept their jobs and the business will continue as it has for the last 12 years. I am very excited about it. We want go grow the business and take it foward.”
Besides aiming to maintain the reputation of JR Executive Travel for customer service, their plans fo the business include developing more excursion and leisure travel, initially within the local area, such as theatre trips and sporting events.
- 1 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 2 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 3 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
- 4 Ambitious plans to regenerate 'dilapidated' part of Suffolk town revealed
- 5 One of north Suffolk's 'most productive' arable farms up for sale
- 6 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
- 7 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 8 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 9 'I'll do whatever's in my power' - Ball makes vow to Ipswich Town fans
- 10 MP 'looking into' frustrating and disruptive A12 roadworks
“We’ve recently purchased another acre of land adjacent to our current headquarters in Copdock and plan to expand the business further and hope to take on more staff looking for long-term job prospects within the travel industry,” said Mr Fisk.
“Our taxi vehicles are all modern and our coaches are mainly Mercedes and Volvos and range from 16 to 49 seaters,” he added. “They are all top spec with TVs and some have Wifi. We try to keep up with the times.”
JR Executive Travel accepts bookings to destinations all over the country and specialise in airport transfers, enabling customers to get to or from their flights in comfort, whether at one the London airports or those further afield, such as Birmingham or Southampton.