Ipswich-based Ransomes Jacobsen wins Gold Medal in RoSPA Health and Safety Awards
- Credit: Archant
Turf maintenance equipment manufacturer Ransomes Jacobsen has received a top award in recognition of its safety record.
The Ipswich-based company was presented with a Gold Medal at the 2017 RoSPA (Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents) Health and Safety Awards, held at the ExCel in London.
RoSPA awards Merit, Bronze, Silver and Gold awards on an annual basis, with the Gold Medal reserved for organisations which achieve Gold level over at least five consecutive years, a feat Ransomes Jacobsen has just completed.
Geoff Elliot, environmental health and safety manager at Ransomes Jacobsen, said: “This award is testament to the commitment and hard work of all Ransomes Jacobsen Ltd employees.
“As a company, we ensure that our workforce is protected to the highest level possible, and it is an honour to now have received this award for five consecutive years as recognition of our commitment to safety.
You may also want to watch:
“We will continue to ensure high standards are met in the workplace, and we thank all those who have made this possible.”
Julia Small, RoSPA’s head of awards and events, added: “The RoSPA Awards are the most prestigious in the world of occupational health and safety, and held in high regard around the world, as winning one demonstrates an organisation’s commitment to maintaining an excellent health and safety record. Achieving the standard required is no mean feat.”
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 6 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 7 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 8 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 9 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 10 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
The RoSPA Awards scheme is open to businesses and organisations of all types and sizes from across the UK and overseas. Judges consider entrants’ overarching occupational health and safety management systems, including practices such as leadership and workforce involvement.
In addition to the Gold Medal, higher awards are available for organisations which maintain Gold level over 10, 15 and 25 years.
Annual awards are also made for the best performance in 24 industry sectors, plus an overall award, the Sir George Earle Trophy, which was won this year by Berkeley Homes (East Thames) Ltd.