Ipswich-based Vertas wins £2.9m schools contract in Essex
- Credit: Archant
Facilities management group Vertas has agreed a £2.9m contract to deliver services to five Essex schools built and operated by Skanska.
The deal, which starts on April 1 and runs until December 31, 2021, will see Vertas provide cleaning, grounds maintenance, recycling and waste management, pest prevention, specialist kitchen cleaning and window cleaning services.
The five schools ? Woodlands School in Basildon, Castle View School and Cornelius Vermuyden School on Canvey Island and Columbus School and College in Chelmsford – provide education for a total of 2,240 students.
As part of the new service Vertas will run waste management, segregation and recycling sessions for staff and students to help them reduce their environmental impact, supported by the installation of new waste segregation bins throughout the sites.
Ian Surtees, chief executive at Vertas, said: “Skanska share our priorities of putting staff safety, health and wellbeing first. Skanska is also a company passionate about the environment and sustainability which sits perfectly with Vertas brand values.
You may also want to watch:
“This is the first new contract to include our very recently acquired business Vertas Environmental as a service. Since 2016 the cooking oil from the 400 schools we cater for has been converted to biodiesel. With waste management and recycling now part of the Vertas proposition we will use this biodiesel to power our grounds maintenance equipment such as lawnmowers and hedge trimmers across these five Essex schools.”
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 5 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 6 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 7 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 9 Another former Town player completes Colchester move
- 10 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140