Ipswich/Bucklesham: Signals UK to stage Audio Show East exhibition at Trinity Park
- Credit: Archant
A hi-fi exhibition showcasing a wide range of music systems is being staged in Ipswich next weekend.
The Audio Show East event, organised by Bucklesham firm Signals UK, proved so popular when first held last year that it was decided to stage another one.
Signals says that, with so many ways to access music now, from downloads to CDs, the need to have the best equipment to play them on is even greater. There are multi-room systems, with a wide variety of storage, playing equipment and speakers. The kit can be completely hidden, or feature in the room’s design.
A new wave of specialist British manufacturers are having a growing influence in home audio; Naim, Simple Audio, Chord Electronics, Roksan, Trilogy and Linn.
“This is all specialist audio and it can be quite expensive,” explained Andy Heavens of Signals.
You may also want to watch:
Director Alastair Gardner added: “There are so many choices. You can buy something that suits the room, and it can be set up for sonics and aesthetics. The cost can also range, right up to £150,000.”
Customers can spend as much, or more, than they would on a new car to get a sound system that allows them to enjoy their favourite music. An individual turntable can cost upwards of several hundred pounds.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 6 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 10 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
As a Felixstowe schoolboy, Mr Gardner had dreams of running his own business, and now his firm, Signals, has celebrated 20 years.
He said: “We primarily sell and install domestic music systems. Not just ‘nice and clear’ ones but systems that convey some of the drama, passion and spirit that makes music worth listening to.”
Audio Show East will take place at Trinity Park, Ipswich on August 29 and 30. Entrance is free, with pre-registration.
Telephone 01473 655171 to register or, for more information, visit www.signals.uk.com .