Ipswich/Bucklesham: Signals UK to stage Audio Show East exhibition at Trinity Park
- Credit: Archant
A hi-fi exhibition showcasing a wide range of music systems is being staged in Ipswich next weekend.
The Audio Show East event, organised by Bucklesham firm Signals UK, proved so popular when first held last year that it was decided to stage another one.
Signals says that, with so many ways to access music now, from downloads to CDs, the need to have the best equipment to play them on is even greater. There are multi-room systems, with a wide variety of storage, playing equipment and speakers. The kit can be completely hidden, or feature in the room’s design.
A new wave of specialist British manufacturers are having a growing influence in home audio; Naim, Simple Audio, Chord Electronics, Roksan, Trilogy and Linn.
“This is all specialist audio and it can be quite expensive,” explained Andy Heavens of Signals.
Director Alastair Gardner added: “There are so many choices. You can buy something that suits the room, and it can be set up for sonics and aesthetics. The cost can also range, right up to £150,000.”
Customers can spend as much, or more, than they would on a new car to get a sound system that allows them to enjoy their favourite music. An individual turntable can cost upwards of several hundred pounds.
- 1 London couple transform Suffolk home into an 'intimate' lifestyle retreat
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Forbidden Suffolk: 5 more places you can’t visit in Suffolk
- 4 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 5 The night Town beat Real Madrid - and why they're still part of elite club
- 6 Two motorbikes stolen after break-in at Suffolk home
- 7 Driver being taken to hospital after car ends up on roof in field
- 8 When will bins be emptied during the Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend?
- 9 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
- 10 Former Town striker's front-to-back season could end in Wembley glory
As a Felixstowe schoolboy, Mr Gardner had dreams of running his own business, and now his firm, Signals, has celebrated 20 years.
He said: “We primarily sell and install domestic music systems. Not just ‘nice and clear’ ones but systems that convey some of the drama, passion and spirit that makes music worth listening to.”
Audio Show East will take place at Trinity Park, Ipswich on August 29 and 30. Entrance is free, with pre-registration.
Telephone 01473 655171 to register or, for more information, visit www.signals.uk.com .