Ipswich Building Society expands ‘mortgage misfits’ range with new credit repair products
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Building Society has launched a new “SOS” mortgage range to help home buyers improve their credit profile and regain access to the standard mortgage market.
The range involves three discounted deals, each of which includes a “credit repair guarantee” which pledges that borrowers who make all payments on time over the initial discount rate period can then transfer to any of the society’s standard mortgage retention products.
The new products build on the society’s manual underwriting processes, where every application is reviewed by a member of the team rather than relying on automatic computerised decision-making.
They are all available for purchase and remortgage, excluding first time buyers, with a £350,000 maximum loan amount. They are subject to the society’s usual 50% overpayment facility, where payments and redemptions in excess of this will be subject to a charge.
Richard Norrington, Ipswich Building Society chief executive, said: “This launch strengthens our commitment to tackling diversity in the mortgage market.
You may also want to watch:
“Our manual approach to underwriting, at the heart of our mortgage business, provides the flexibility to consider applications from borrowers deemed to be ‘mortgage misfits’ by many other lenders.
“By offering a credit repair guarantee we are offering the opportunity for many people facing credit repair to get back on track.”
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 6 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!