Ipswich/ Bury St Edmunds: Barnes Construction completes £500,000 extension at West Suffolk Hospital
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich-based Barnes Construction has completed work on a new Clinical Decisions Unit alongside the Accident and Emergency Department at West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds.
The £500,000 extension, which was designed by KLH Architects, from Sproughton, near Ipswich, is due to become fully operational in the New Year.
The completion of the contract brings the value of work carried out by Barnes at the hospital this year to around £3.5million, also including a part-refurbishment of the A&E Department and a £1.5m re-roofing project.
The re-roofing schem involved two phases of work where existing roof coverings were replaced and new insulation, fascia boards, parapets and rainwater goods were installed.
A third phase of this project is due to commence on site during 2015 with further phases to follow over the coming years.
You may also want to watch:
Barnes also completed work in October on improving the façade at the hospital. This involved the refurbishment of the three main entrance canopies with new roofing and fascias, lighting and visitor signage. In addition, the front wall of the hospital was redecorated.
Nick Fayers, managing director of Barnes Construction, said: “We have worked on a number of construction schemes at West Suffolk Hospital over the years.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 8 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 9 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 10 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
“As a result we have established a strong and honest working relationship - those we work with know we go the extra mile to deliver on time and to budget, and that we have the experience to work sensitively within a challenging environment.”