Ipswich: Enterprise agency Menta to deliver series of courses for Ipswich Borough Council
Suffolk-based enterprise agency Menta has teamed up with Ipswich Borough Council to provide a range of courses aimed at new, emerging and existing small businesses.
Menta will be delivering 10 subsidised courses between now and June, with places for up to 12 people on each, coveriing a variety of subjects including business planning, how to build a WordPress website, selling and marketing.
Some of the of courses are free of charge while others range in price from £25 to £60. There will also be a free morning seminar titled “How to grow your business overseas” which will provide up to 50 small businesses with the opportunity to explore selling their services and goods overseas.
The training and seminar events will be delivered at Ipswich Borough Council’s business hub, IpCity in Bath Street, off Wherstead Road.
IpCity is also the location of the Menta Business Club which meets each month with the aim of providing ideas and support to people considering setting up their own business.
Menta chief cxecutive Alex Till said the training programme was a good example of collaboration. He said: “Menta and Ipswich Borough Council are committed to supporting local business and encouraging the next generation of entrepreneurs. This is a great way of working together to do just that by giving local small firms the tools to expand and grow their businesses.”
As well as the 10 courses, Menta provides free one-to-one business advice sessions for small businesses or those thinking of setting up on their own.
- 1 Travellers pitch up at popular park in east Suffolk town
- 2 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 3 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
- 4 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's Carabao Cup exit
- 5 Suffolk villagers say 70 homes development creating 'dust storm'
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their Colchester loss
- 7 'Quite different to traditional gyms' Suffolk gym with a difference opens
- 8 Keogh: Why I've joined Town and what I'm here to do
- 9 Man bitten by dog during fight in east Suffolk street
- 10 Buy the bread everyone’s raving about at new Suffolk cafe
Mr Till added: “Establishing your own business can be a daunting prospect but you’re not alone – Menta can help. Our staff and trainers have the experience and expertise to help you on your way so I’d advise people to take a look at our website and see what we have to offer.”
Carole Jones, Ipswich Borough Council’s portfolio holder for economic development, said; “we are pleased to be working alongside Menta to help deliver this training programme that provides the opportunity for our local businesses to access the skills they need to expand and prosper.”
Menta, which is based in Bury St Edmunds, supports pre-start-ups, emerging and existing small businesses across Suffolk with advice, training courses and events. For more details of its courses, visit www.menta.org.uk or call 0800 085 5090.