Ipswich: Enterprise agency Menta to deliver series of courses for Ipswich Borough Council
Suffolk-based enterprise agency Menta has teamed up with Ipswich Borough Council to provide a range of courses aimed at new, emerging and existing small businesses.
Menta will be delivering 10 subsidised courses between now and June, with places for up to 12 people on each, coveriing a variety of subjects including business planning, how to build a WordPress website, selling and marketing.
Some of the of courses are free of charge while others range in price from £25 to £60. There will also be a free morning seminar titled “How to grow your business overseas” which will provide up to 50 small businesses with the opportunity to explore selling their services and goods overseas.
The training and seminar events will be delivered at Ipswich Borough Council’s business hub, IpCity in Bath Street, off Wherstead Road.
IpCity is also the location of the Menta Business Club which meets each month with the aim of providing ideas and support to people considering setting up their own business.
You may also want to watch:
Menta chief cxecutive Alex Till said the training programme was a good example of collaboration. He said: “Menta and Ipswich Borough Council are committed to supporting local business and encouraging the next generation of entrepreneurs. This is a great way of working together to do just that by giving local small firms the tools to expand and grow their businesses.”
As well as the 10 courses, Menta provides free one-to-one business advice sessions for small businesses or those thinking of setting up on their own.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 7 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm
Mr Till added: “Establishing your own business can be a daunting prospect but you’re not alone – Menta can help. Our staff and trainers have the experience and expertise to help you on your way so I’d advise people to take a look at our website and see what we have to offer.”
Carole Jones, Ipswich Borough Council’s portfolio holder for economic development, said; “we are pleased to be working alongside Menta to help deliver this training programme that provides the opportunity for our local businesses to access the skills they need to expand and prosper.”
Menta, which is based in Bury St Edmunds, supports pre-start-ups, emerging and existing small businesses across Suffolk with advice, training courses and events. For more details of its courses, visit www.menta.org.uk or call 0800 085 5090.