Ipswich: Guest Truck & Van to open Iveco dealership
GUEST Truck & Van, the largest UK dealer group for truck manufacturer Iveco, is to open a new full sales and service dealership in Ipswich.
The new operation, which is to open on October 17, follows the launch by Guest of a dealership in Norwich during the summer.
The new Ipswich operation will be located on a 1.5 acres site close to the A14 and involves a purpose-built 10,000 sq ft commercial vehicle workshop with eight vehicle work bays.
Like the Norwich branch, it will operate six days a week and be supported by a fleet of Iveco “Assistance Non- Stop” 24/7 emergency support vehicles, together with dedicated parts delivery vans.
The Guest dealer group, which also includes Sherwood Truck and Van, now covers an area of responsibility for Iveco covering the East Midlands, West Midlands, North Wales, Cambridgeshire, Suffolk, Norfolk, Leicestershire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Staffordshire and South Yorkshire.
You may also want to watch:
Guest Truck & Van took over representation for the Iveco brand in Norfolk and Suffolk from Iceni Truck & Van in April this year.
Rob Spittle, managing director of truck operations for the family-owned dealer group, said: “Our number one priority is to deliver the same consistently high standards of support to customers in Norfolk and Suffolk as we’ve built our business upon in the Midlands.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 4 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 5 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 6 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 10 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child
“Norwich and Ipswich are both major heavy truck markets and we naturally see a lot of potential for the full Iveco range.”
Bob Lowden, network director at Iveco UK, added: “These are strategically key locations in our network, particularly with the Ipswich dealership being so close to Felixstowe. The sheer volume of freight traffic in the area makes this an excellent location for an Iveco franchise.”
Iveco, which is part of the Fiat group, designs, manufactures and markets a broad range of light, medium and heavy commercial vehicles, off-road trucks, city and intercity buses and coaches as well as special vehicles for applications such as fire fighting, off-road missions, defence and civil protection.