Ipswich: Jo’s on the case with PlayPod travel toy
A NEW business offering a fun-filled suitcase for children has got off to a flying start.
Jo Kerley, designer and director at Ipswich-based start-up JK WorldWide Ltd, is celebrating after her novel way to keep kids entertained on flights scooped a trade show accolade.
The PlayAway case with integrated PlayPod was a big hit at the International Autumn Fair at the NEC in Birmingham, where it took the “best new collection” award.
Judges were looking for innovation, practicality, quality of manufacturing and market opportunities.
The innovative patented, design registered product, which is a suitcase, hand luggage item, and fun educational entertainment centre, is aimed at children from aged three upwards.
As an item of luggage it fits most airlines, so parents avoid hold baggage fees on airlines while still having a practical luggage item, and kids have a contained play area with activities in to keep them amused. The product has been designed with children for children and parents, so it combines practicality and fun and entertainment.
“The response at the trade fairs we have attended has been overwhelming with interest from around globe,” said Jo.
- 1 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 2 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 3 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 4 Suffolk cinema to allow dog owners to bring their pets to watch films
- 5 Suspected wanted man chased through Suffolk village
- 6 Former Town striker Chopra out of retirement to join non-league club
- 7 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 8 'Abandoned' cottage and studio up for sale after huge renovation
- 9 Body of woman found in river in Hadleigh
- 10 The Range secures huge logistics hub at new A14 business park
“We expected to start growing slowly within the UK and grow into international markets. However the product appeals to both parents and children for different reasons and people see straight away the experience of travelling with children can be greatly improved with the PlayAway case.”