Ipswich: Lombard Shipping completes hat-trick of Fortec ‘Depot of the Year’ titles
- Credit: Archant
Logistics company Lombard Shipping has been named Depot of the Year by the Fortec pallet distribution network for the third time in four years.
As part of a nation-wide logistics offering, Lombard provides delivery and collection for Fortec clients in the Ipswich, Colchester and Norwich post code areas.
Managing director Simon Fraser said: “Winning for a third time is fantastic news and gives our whole team a real boost, particularly as we were up against some very stiff competition from Fortec’s other licensees.”
Neil Hodgson, managing director of Fortec Distribution Network, added: “We’re delighted to nominate Lombard Shipping once again for the most prestigious of our awards.
“Their success is a true testament to the internal customer service they offer colleagues across our network, as well as their ‘can do’ attitude.”
You may also want to watch:
Besides attracting attention at the Fortec awards ceremony, Lombard Shipping came to national attention earlier this month when its night driver Tim Buttolph featured in BBC1’s two-part documentary “Nick & Margaret: We all pay your Benefits” in which Nick Hewer and Margaret Mountford brought together taxpayers and benefit claimants.
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 9 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 10 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer