Ipswich: National CIPD honour for Blue Star director Brian England
- Credit: Archant
Brian England, a director of Ipswich-based Blue Star Human Resources, has received a national award from the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
The honour, presented at a dinner preceding the intitute’s annual council meeting, recognised his voluntary work for the institute in building a successful CIPD group in the Colchester and Ipswich area.
Each year, the group arranges a series of events for its local members, including a special “Breakfast Question-Time” last September, to mark the institute’s centenary, which was attended by almost 90 people.
John Toplis, chairman of the CIPD’s Essex and Ipswich branch, said: “I think is important is to acknowledge Brian’s personal contribution in building the Ipswich and Colchester Group.
“He has shown considerable skill in attracting some busy and talented people to the group and motivating them to do their bit for the benefit of members. He has done this by encouraging networking and socialising among committee members and by supporting new ideas.
“He has also shown optimism and stamina in supporting others when they are struggling to cope, and I have noticed that Brian is invariably one of the first to attend an event and one of the last to leave.”
The CIPD, which has more than 134,000 members, aims to take the lead in championing better work and working lives. Membership is by examination, with courses being run locally at New Suffolk College in Ipswich.
- 1 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 2 £1.5million project set to turn north Essex towns into giant gaming areas
- 3 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 4 Man identified after dog walker threatened in Sudbury
- 5 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 6 Town take up option on Tyreece Simpson... plus two other youngsters update
- 7 New curator appointed at Suffolk tourist attraction
- 8 School apologises for GCSE paper error as it falls to inadequate
- 9 Andy Warren: Why keeping Sam Morsy is vital for Ipswich Town
- 10 Plans for 115 homes in village gets backing to move forward
Members are encouraged to continue their professional development by attending events organised by the branch and group network.