Ipswich: Ransomes Jacobsen honoured by RoSPA for its commitment to safety
- Credit: Archant
Ransomes Jacobsen Limited, the Ipswich-based manufacturer of commercial mowing equipment, has had its approach to occupational safety and health recognised in an awards scheme run by the safety charity, the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA).
The Gold award in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards 2013 was presented in a ceremony at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, at the National Exhibition Centre.
Dating back 57 years, the RoSPA Awards scheme is the largest and longest-running programme of its kind in the UK.
It recognises commitment to accident and ill health prevention and is open to businesses and organisations of all types and sizes from across the UK and overseas.
The scheme not only looks at accident records, but also entrants’ overarching health and safety management systems, including practices such as leadership and workforce involvement.
You may also want to watch:
David Rawlins, RoSPA’s awards manager said: “RoSPA firmly believes that organisations that demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement in accident and ill health prevention deserve recognition.
“Ransomes Jacobsen has shown that it is committed to striving for such continuous improvement and we are delighted to honour it through the presentation of this Gold award.”
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 9 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 10 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
Gemma Cosby, Ransomes Jacobsen’s environmental, health and safety officer said: “We are delighted to receive this recognition from RoSPA as it confirms the commitment of everyone here at Ipswich to providing a safe working environment.
“It is company policy that all employees are committed to performing their job roles in safest possible manner and with the health and safety of their colleagues uppermost in their actions. This is the highest award that can be achieved and it’s the first time we’ve entered, so we are really pleased with the outcome.”
The majority of awards that RoSPA presents are non-competitive, marking achievement at merit, bronze, silver and gold levels.
Organisations maintaining high standards can win gold medals, president’s awards and orders of distinction.
The award ceremonies were held in Birmingham, alongside Safety and Health Expo 2013, which is Europe’s leading annual health and safety exhibition.
Ransomes Jacobsen is a Textron Inc (NYSE:TXT) company.