Ipswich: Ransomes Jacobsen receives RoSPA Gold award for the second year running
- Credit: Archant
Mowing equipment manufacturer Ransomes Jacobsen has won a Gold award from the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) for the second year running.
Edward Talbott and Michael Jackaman, safety representatives at Ipswich-based Ransomes Jacobsen, were presented with the award ? which recognises commitment to continuous improvement in the prevention of accidents and ill health at work ? at a ceremony at the ExCel venue in London.
Through the RoSPA scheme, which is open to businesses and organisations from across the UK and overseas, judges consider entrants’ overarching occupational health and safety managenent systems including practices such as leadership and workforce involvement.
Gemma Cosby, environmental health and safety manager at Ransomes Jacobsen, a member of the EADT/EDP Top100 listing of the 100 largest companies in Suffolk and Norfolk, said: “This is another fantastic achievement.
“Two consecutive years of winning the Gold award is an amazing result; this really does reflect the excellent work being done on site by all our employees with regard to safety and health.”
You may also want to watch:
David Rawlins, RoSPA’s awards manager, added: “The RoSPA Awards encourage the raising of occupational health and safety standards across the board.
“Organisations that receive this recognition for their health and safety management systems, such as Ransomes Jacobsen, contribute to collectively raising the bar for other organisations to aspire to, and we offer them our congratulations.”
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 3 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 4 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 5 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 6 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 7 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 8 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 9 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 10 Another former Town player completes Colchester move