Ipswich restaurant Aqua Eight launches ‘Random Act of Kindness’ events for unsung business heroes and heroines
- Credit: Archant
Award-winning Aqua Eight Fusion Restaurant and Bar in Lion Street, Ipswich, has hosted the first in a series of Random Acts of Kindness special social events to reward and thank the unsung heroes and heroines within the Ipswich business community.
The first event, over drinks and canapes in the Aqua Garden, was attended by 20 invited guests, all executive PA’s, secretaries, office managers or administrators who had been nominated by their employers, work colleagues or clients for hard work and outstanding service.
Vincent Wing Cheung, of Aqua Eight, said: “We decided it was about time that business support staff were celebrated. We’ve heard some nice stories about how hard they work, often behind the scenes, to help keep their team and workplace running so smoothly. It was our pleasure to host this event and enjoyable for us to meet these excellent workers.”
Lisa Johnson, from Sensing Change, nominated her colleague Vanessa Smith and said: “Vanessa is the first person visitors or callers have contact with when they get in touch with this charity. She’s always so professional and a very welcoming person. She’s a huge support to all of us here and deserves public thanks as she’s always so helpful.”
Aqua Eight is now planning more Random Acts of Kindness events throughout the year, to host Ipswich’s other vital support professionals, such as childcare workers, teachers and nurses.
You may also want to watch:
Aqua Eight Fusion Restaurant and Bar is at 8 Lion Street, Ipswich and was established in 2007 by brothers Vincent & Patrick Wing Cheung. Aqua Eight’s elegant restaurant, bar and garden were designed to bring a touch of Mayfair to Ipswich. The restaurant serves a fusion of pan-Asian flavours, mixing Far Eastern cuisine with North Chinese and Hong Kong family recipes handed down through the generations.
In June 2016 The Sunday Times’ Food Critic, AA Gill, listed Aqua Eight on his “Three for Pan Asian Food” recommended restaurants list.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 10 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex