Ipswich: Software firm two10degrees updates an app for Sky News
- Credit: Archant
Sky News’ digital team has praised the work of a software firm which updated one of its apps.
The media giant asked Ipswich-based two10degrees and its design partner Tricky Business to update its app for Windows 8.1 and provide an engaging user experience for Sky News customers.
Hugh Westbrook, producer for product development with the Sky News digital team, said: “We’ve been impressed with the way this project has been delivered by the two10degrees team, both from a design and technical standpoint. From the beginning they understood the Sky News brand and delivered a very technically competent product. The finished app looks great and is getting strong reviews.”
Liam Daley, two10degrees lead technical developer for the new app, explained that the original Windows application was rich in media content but was often difficult to use.
“Our goal was to build a cleaner and simpler interface using state-of-the-art Windows 8.1 features,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
The app uses Live Tiles on the Start screen and semantic zoom to navigate news sections and stories. Users can be notified of breaking news stories via ‘Toast’ notifications, and Snap View is used to enhance the reading experience. The content can be searched using new Windows 8.1 Search features. The app supports resizable, multimedia video content for news bulletins, and works across a variety of tablet and touch-enabled devices.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 5 Woman's body found in village home
- 6 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 7 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
- 10 'Things might have been very different'... outgoing skipper Chambers reflects on that play-off season