Jet2.com adds to Stansted schedule amid ‘phenomenal’ demand
- Credit: Archant
Strong demand for flights and package holidays has prompted leisure airline Jet2.com and sister company Jet2holidays to add to their schedule at Stansted – even before their first plane takes off from the airport.
Jet2 announced in September that it would start flying from Stansted on March 30, 2017, with routes serving popular destinations including Alicante, Faro and Majorca.
Due to what it described as “phenomenal” demand, has now added four more new routes, Antalya, Corfu, Dalaman and Split, and announced increased frequency on four others, to Majorca, Menorca, Crete and Zante.
As a result, Jet2 will be operating up to 96 flights a week out of Stansted during summer 2017 to 25 different destinations, rising to a total of 27 when routes planned for winter 2017-18 are included.
Steve Heapy, chief executive of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, said: “We are delighted by the response to our London Stansted Airport launch, with our award-winning airline and fantastic package holidays having huge resonance with customers in the south of England.
You may also want to watch:
“The phenomenal reaction to our launch means we are already growing our presence at London Stansted, with the addition of Antalya, Corfu, Dalaman and Split meaning that we now offer flights and holidays to 27 fantastic leisure destinations to customers across north and east London and the east of England.”
The new routes and additional flights together amount to the addition of more than 65,000 extra seats, representing an increase of 8% on the capacity previously scheduled.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 6 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 7 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 9 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
Mats Sigurdson, Stansted Airport’s aviation director, said: “The announcement by Jet2.com and Jet2holidays is fantastic news for Stansted Airport and for passengers from right across the east of England and London.
“We were confident that the new Jet2 base would prove popular with passengers and this really positive start is a clear demonstration of the strength of demand that exists across the region.”